The Office Professional & Records Management Masterclass is an exciting and interactive seminar, designed to provide participants with the opportunity to review and develop interpersonal and professional skills needed to do their jobs effectively, thereby contributing to personal and organizational success.
After exploring and developing the multi-faceted skills required of the office professionals and administrative staff (including both inter-personal and technical skills), the combination allows participants to explore in more detail the issues involved in meeting responsibilities for managing documentation and records.
The seminar also covers the strategies, tools and technologies used to capture, categorise, manage, store, preserve (archive) and deliver documents and records in support of business processes, as well as the core components of ISO 15489 so that organisations become compliant with best practices.
- This unique 10-day seminar will be beneficial to all those who want to build on their office management, administration skills and knowledge and are interested in understanding document and records management best practices and how it can be implemented successfully
- Extend their understanding of their roles as office managers and administrators and the key contribution they make to organisational success
- Review and develop their personal organisation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Review their working relationships
- Develop an action plan to help themselves, their boss and other colleagues work in more effective and efficient ways
- Understand the key concepts and overall architectural scope of records and document management
- Develop business cases and business requirements for records management systems
- Identify the business drivers for improving document and records management in their organisations
- Determine how document and records management can be implemented across their organisations
- Assess the implications of technologies, including Enterprise Content Management (ECM) on document and records management
- Understand the key concepts and overall scope of ISO 15489 and how to apply ISO 15489 in their organisations
This highly interactive seminar provides participants with an opportunity to exchange views and learn from each other’s experiences. Participants will learn by active participation during the seminar through the use of a wide variety of instructional techniques.
There will be group exercises and a range of case studies to present “best practices” approach. In addition there will be in depth discussion of critical success factors.
Days 1 to 5 of the seminar cover a wide range of interrelated topics critical to the effectiveness of office personnel and administrative staff in meeting their roles and maximising their contribution to their teams and organisations. Emphasis is placed on building on existing good practice and on recognising areas where improvements can be made and developing strategies accordingly. Emphasis is also placed on managing the network of relationships and inter-personal skills and communication.
Days 6 to 10 of the seminar covers all the essential skills needed to understand, use and apply document and records management and all the essential skills needed to understand, use and apply ISO 15489 records management standard. Discussions focus on the use of best practice, processes and systems implementation as well as how to apply all the key concepts. Emphasis is also placed on participants developing action plans to implement document and records management successfully in their organisations and other initiatives following from the course.
DAILY SEMINAR SCHEDULE
Day 1 - Seminar Introduction/Roles, Competences and Personal Effectiveness
Day 2 - Team Working, Communication and Meetings Team working and team roles
Team working and team roles
· Briefing skills – giving, receiving and passing on
· Organising and participating in meetings
Notes, minutes and follow-up
Day 3 - Managing Working Relationships /Communication Skills/Supervising Admin Staff
Day 4 - Managing Time/Desk Management and Office Technology/Writing Skills
Day 5 - Managing Information & Budgets/Improving Customer Service and Systems
Day 6 - Strategy and understanding key elements of Documents & Records Management Compliance
Day 7 - Concepts and set up components
Day 8 - Process and Delivery
Day 9 - Implementation Planning
Day 10 - Case Studies